Monday, September 11, 2006

Today's Roundup

Well written article by my buddy Bob Wichlinski on the subject of 9-11

UN Chief is pressuring Sudanese government, again. This won't work, I was there just 7 months ago and they are laughing all the way to the proverbial bank. Tyrants and fascists and fundamentalists are not changeable.

As oil slips to it's lowest levels this year, inflation measures subside or even move negative, this means interest rate increases can be halted. I'd like to see the Fed just plain stop interest rate manipulation for a year and see if the market itself can't just monitor itself. I'm with Steve Forbes, "use the Fed to control money supply and stay out of interest rates."

NATO says they killed about 100 Taliban in Afghanistan yesterday, making it like 500 in just the last month. How many are there? Are they getting an influx daily? Can we stop the pipeline? How about this, let's kill Bin Laden in October and get the Republicans the House and Senate ... that'll make people scream politics.

National Review articles today on commemoration of 9-11

No comments: