I have noticed that many real estate professionals are making avid use of facebook to build their blog traffic. Some have suggested that facebook's new feed is slowly becoming a very powerful force in SEO and traffic creation ... albeit similar to google rank ... with great secrecy as to how to game the system.
Have you joined and begun tracking your real estate blog friends on www.digg.com? Well, digg added social networking a couple weeks back, and the same 200-300 real estate professionals that I see everywhere are there too. My digg profile is here if you want to be-friend there in addition to facebook or linkedin.
So, what's the real goal? Do you just need heavy traffic? Do you really only care for hyper-local traffic that is potentially a real buyer? Do you want to write and discuss? I'm having a hard time deciding which is more important, to me.
Monday, November 05, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Steve - I think it is tough balance. I want traffic that will generate me business from buyers and sellers. But I like the synergy that other agents add to the mix. It's a matter of balancing my time. I don't seek agent traffic but I do generate it from the usual social networks. - Ashley
Ashley, I agree that it's better for the real estate agent to get pure consumer traffic. But as we both know, as we all read and comment on each other's posts, we help the overall rating of our sites ... eventually getting us all more consumer traffic.
Time is the biggie. How can we post quickly and to the most places as possible?
I am currently "internetted out". I'm just working my tail off on my new blog and surrendering to all the social networks. I can't keep up!
Chris, I have to agree that there are too many social networks right now. Surely, competition will ensue and there will only be 5 that really make it.
Or, the entire establishment will be turned on it's head and a whole new paradigm will come on.
Post a Comment