
The Democrats and Enviros have us scared to drill for oil in our own country. In some crazy, kinda racist, method of thinking .... it's OK for Arabs and Russians to drill for oil and "ruin" their environments, but not for Americans.
As all half-baked theories eventually are debunked, this one is now in defense mode too.
With oil prices hitting record levels above $100 a barrel, the economy in either a slowdown or recession, and with Venezuela threatening to end oil exports to the United States and Nigeria's oil production held hostage to internal strife, the case for tapping more domestic oil is getting stronger every day. Unfortunately, Congress continues to resist the idea, preferring to hold substantial domestic energy resources on Alaska's North Slope and the U.S. Outer Continental Shelf off-limits to production from Carpe Diem Want Some Cheap Oil?
Time to revisit this issue, time to release the innovative energies of the World's greatest scientists and find our own energy.
2 comments:
If I understand the problem doesnt just end with crude. Several articles have claimed there isn't enough refining capacity. I guess no one havent built a new refinery in about 30 years. I couldnt even begin to guess the cost of complying with environmental laws, and even if you do comply some eco group is going to fight and protest. Scond why would any one invest the billions of dollars needed when both and Barack and Pelosi have claimed it is time to go after the unfair profits made by big oil. If you take away the incentive to invest then.....
Yes, I've heard refinery capacity is a huge problem as well. Generally, I like the way you think Dalton even if we may not agree on everything in the world.
Post a Comment