Some great posts that I read this morning:
"Seven years ago on the morning of Sept. 11, 2001, America was changed forever. The peace and calm in New York and Washington, D.C., was shattered by terrorist hijackers. With it came the realization we faced a long war to defeat terrorism and preserve freedom." From The Foundry
"I wrote a long post and deleted it. Let’s just remember what we felt that day, how far we’ve come, and what you think might be important to consider going forward. Fair?" From Chris Brogan
"I remember nothing from right after the first building fell around 9:30 a.m., until 1:30 p.m., when an emergency worker asked me if I needed help and I said I guessed I did. My dog, Sammy, and I were taken to a hospital in Jersey City via ferry and then an ambulance. When we got on the ferry, my brave, beautiful golden dog, who led me away from the disaster so confidently, crawled onto my lap and every fiber of his enormous body shook for the next twenty minutes. I never thought they’d let me bring a 90-pound Lab into the hospital, but when we got out of the ambulance, they were so happy to see survivors that they welcomed us with open arms and even gave Sammy sandwiches and ice cream." From B.L. Ochman
"After years of taking a back seat to the conflict in Iraq, Afghanistan has re-emerged as a major national security concern and taken a central role" From NDTV.com India
"Strange, I took off work 9/11...then the kids came home early from school in a panic.
It was supposed to be just a day off for me. I just needed a day to catch up. A day for myself, the kids were back in school and I just wanted to get the house back in order. I wanted to do the fall clean up, iron clothes, clean up the yard, prepare for fall, and basically wanted a day to myself...a day off from work." Karen Monsour on Active Rain
"I am shocked that seven whole years have passed since September 11th, since of course, the memories of the day are so vivid that one would be forgiven for thinking that one only just lived through it. The vividness keeps the memories fresh. It keeps the outrage fresh as well and one should be outraged anew when remembering 9/11." From RedstateUpdate: As for me and my house, we won't forget, and we'll cast our votes in two months for the leader that remembers 9-11 too.
No comments:
Post a Comment