Actually the Cato article I stumbled on was title "Why do intellectuals oppose capitalism" but I just added own spin.
"It is surprising that intellectuals oppose capitalism so. Other groups of comparable socio-economic status do not show the same degree of opposition in the same proportions. Statistically, then, intellectuals are an anomaly."
Tuesday, December 04, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I skimmed the article (no pictures means my attention is lost quickly lol) but I also wonder why intellectuals also shun religious faith.
Many intellectual people I have met over the years look at theology as simple and ignorant.
Actually, "faith" is simple in the beginning (God's design, John 3:16), but exploring that faith and knowing God on a personal level is an extreme labor of intellectual pondering and study.
Go figure?
Had some time this weekend while on a trip to spend with a great friend who is also agnostic and brilliant. Typical debates, but I took an open approach and stayed away from evangelical cliches. We didn't end up agreeing but we did begin a process of continuing the matter that I know will yeild fruit.
Post a Comment