Travel to Iowa, find a community to help people affected by the floods, stop and start working. A post by his brother in law last night.
American Self-Reliance Alive in The Heartland
I know Ken personally, have flown with him, golfed with him, and I can only say this week, he's my hero. Some quotes from his email late two nights ago:
"Greetings from Oakville, Iowa. I can’t begin to portray what is to be seen out here. The attached pictures, as usual, do not do it justice. Though there is non-stop activity, it has an eerie, ghost-town feel to it. The smell is vile. I took most of the photos later in the day so as not to appear too callous. There's a lot to convey and I do not know where to begin ... Anyway, it is late in the day, and there are some exhaustive days ahead, therefore, I will be brief. It's an ugly scene and may remind some of us of other places we'd rather not remember, absent the word "unfriendly".
Present, however, are disaster relief volunteers from all over the country. After talking to some of the few remaining locals, it appears that FEMA has been great! From what the locals say, all you have to do is make initial contact with them [FEMA]. Is this something new?
The Red Cross and various other relief organizations have all been amazing, too. They provide an endless flow of supplies, etc. Everyone pitches in wherever they can. We tear everything out of
Thanks Ken, wish I was there. More photos on NWI Connect and Indy Hardball. You'll have to surf to all three sites, the link above and these two here to see all the photos through the ones I got at lunch today.
2 comments:
Thanx for the link, Steve. What this country needs is more winners like BigKen to offset all the whiners.
Best, Henry
Go get em Ken, your amazing!
Chris Sloan
Post a Comment