Friday, January 13, 2006

Early optimism on PM Sharon's possible recovery is turning sour. Looks like he's just not reacting to "wake-up" calls like doctors hope. Now what happens?

I guess the good news for media was Mrs. Alito's breakdown, they finally had something to cover for the evening. Looks like a couple dems will vote no in the committee and maybe a dozen in the full Senate. Alito will be Supreme Court Justice by April.

Maryland has overstepped their bounds and I believe that this state statute should be overturned by the supreme court. This is an attack on WalMart. Just because they are successful and have more than 10,000 employees, they have to pay health insurance. Hogwash! That's discrimination. If I were them I would separate into 100 company names and break the system.

Russian officials kinda act like they would like Iran to stop working with nuclear materials. Do they really care? Is this just pomp and circumstance? I think Russia sold most or all the parts and technology to the Iranians. Iran will get nukes. Maybe the US should cut a deal to allow them nukes in return for "open" markets and "open" elections and broader co-operation.

New Orleans is going to be an interesting laboratory on rebuilding and renovating. The city is already saying they're going to "take" some properties. The people are already saying "no way"
Could get really fun, and some creative opportunities to really improve and city that was frankly a pit orginally.

No comments: