Sunday, May 18, 2008

Our greatest export - FREEDOM

Bush Urges Mideast Leaders to Advance Democracy
from ABC News: International

Bush urges Mideast leaders to isolate state sponsors of terror, give citizens more freedoms

While traveling the Middle East attempting to broker peace and oil solutions, our President did what he does best ... used the opportunity to push and prod these same leaders to join us in giving back to our citizens the freedoms that government has taken away.

In this I wholeheartedly endorse this President, he may have low ratings, but he tells the world what they need to hear, even when it's not politically correct.

3 comments:

NWI Connect said...

That's great and all that he talks the talk, but walking is another issue. He has passed tons of legislation under the guise of 'Homeland Security' that has de facto eliminated many of our constitutional rights. I suppose I should expect this from a president who said:

"Stop throwing the Constitution in my face," Bush screamed back. "It's just a goddamned piece of paper!" Click here for the source of this quote.

daltonsbriefs said...

Oh my Dan, I knew that would get your goat.

I will predict that George W. Bush will eventually be recorded as one of our greatest Presidents in history along with Reagan and FDR and Lincoln and Adams. How's that for back at ya?

I too have concerns about "security" that takes our freedomes. But with four kids, I also want as much safety as possible within the confines of maintaining my freedoms. Tough to balance.

NWI Connect said...

I understand Steve.

I've been told that I am a product of my generation's mistrust of those in authority roles. But there's theory, and then there's fact. These thoughts are based on objectivity.

The freedom-security balance is tough though. Especially when thinking of children. I'd be curious to hear your thoughts on my latest post about Obama at Tyranny Watch. Be sure to read the comments.