Saturday, June 14, 2008

Zimbabwe Update - a new feature

Some of you who read regularly know that I tend to try and follow international issues, both breaking news and longer running problems and struggles.

For the last year I have kept one eye on the Kosovo Independence movement. While also continuing to write here on other international problems and crisis. Today I have one eye firmly on Zimbabwe and the struggle there for democracy to take firm root. While reading Gateway Pundit earlier tonite, he referred to the site This is Zimbabwe ... so I headed over to read that the man who won the popular vote has been detained yet again. This site was actually posting live updates, and informing people of the phone numbers to call the police and inform them that the world is watching! Now that's powerful stuff.

Action Alert (updated ~15.30): Morgan Tsvangirai released by Shurugwi police

For now, it looks like the opposition politicians have been released from yet again another unlawful and anti-democratic detention. But, will they be detained or injured by police again?

If you know more than me, and that wouldn't be hard, leave some comments. If you feel I'm reporting old news, or news that's been spun by someone, let me know that too. I've done that before and was always glad to stand corrected and get the truth.

No comments: