Sunday, October 23, 2005

Too many government employees

I'm looking for the article on-line, if I find it I'll post to this blog.

But, it seems that according to Brian Howey in today's NWI Times, the federal government employs 33,511 Indiana Hoosiers, the state employs 33,040. These are the two largest employers in Indiana. Followed closely by Indiana University and Purdue University.

"So that mean four of our top five employers are government ..." he continues

Think we need that many federal employees or state employees in our state? I don't

I think every level of government has been protected by a "taboo" on actually downsizing in government. City government in our area prides itself on getting "efficient" but not really using technology to downsize.

"Add up all levels of government in the state and you have 325,000 employees in government work total" WOW!!! That's just too much of our state consumed in watching the rest do the actual economic activity.

Cool ... I found the site .. Howey Report

No comments: