Wow, I don't know how to say it without being angry. Valparaiso would like to penalize anyone that wants to live in Valpo by charging them the onerous fee of $2,900 just to live in the city limits. Albeit they are calling the fee "impact" ... but the truth of the matter is that it's an "exaction" because the city forgot to budget for improvements over the last 20 years.
So if Valpo residents don't have the money, they just levy it against the new guy right?
That's what I call taxation without representation.
We need calls made to city councilmen ... Jan Dick for sure. He's pushing this one.
Call him at home and let him know your thoughts.
Tuesday, April 05, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I think you are nuts. Contractors and builders rape the consumer with extra costs and should give back. What is an extra $2900 to a builder that makes 15-20% profit on the product. Dig into your pockets and be grateful it doesn't cost you more.
Ah they always blame 'profits' m the socialists have returned but they all themselves
'smart growthers
Post a Comment