Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Onward Christian Spenders

The Economist suggests that the Disney Corporation and Evangelicals have patched up their differences and are working together to make Narnia a huge success.

Does it bother you that the gay-day supporters are making money off Evangelicals?

Does it bother you that it took Mickey Mouse's cash to make C.S. Lewis' novel into a blockbuster?

Or, do you feel like this article that Evangelicals are beginning to creep into the boardrooms of American?

In the world ... Not of the world. A tension indeed

A gay christian says he's buried in Aslan's closet

Mere-Othodoxy says Narnia will beat King Kong at the boxoffice

The Guardian says Narnia represents everything that is hateful about Religion

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think God can use any and all actions that spread the Gospel (or are the catalyst for evangelism) even when the intentions are not pure.

I have a passage in my mind that backs that up but I can't remember where it is. I think it's the first chapter of Phillipians or Colossians. If I run across it, I will post it.

Anonymous said...

Philippians 1:15-18. And I agree with Chad...however the Gospel is proclaimed, the power is in the message even when the messenger is not worthy, or has bad motives. My question for the movie will be: Is the message there? I'm looking forward to finding out.