Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Personally, I don't like Tom "no pork here" Delay, and I think it's good for the country (and the Republicans, actually) that he won't be resuming his leadership position. On the other hand, I also suspect that he really is the target of a politically motivated witch hunt, and I can only imagine the howls we'd hear if the same kinds of legal theories were being applied to labor unions Glenn Reynolds at www.instapundit.com

When voting started in the country, bloggers once again picked up the slack for the mainstream media after the five main opposition parties withdrew from the race and called on voters to stay home. A.M. Mora y Leon at Publius Pundit traveled around Caracas and witnessed only empty polling stations, saying, “We went to about 15 stations and saw about four voters at one station in West Caracas and another four at another station nearby. ... The only place where we found a line of voters was just outside Chávez´s presidential palace where some troops were standing in line to vote. They had been told: Vote, Or Else.” Miguel Octavio from The Devil’s Excrement took photos of the troops – and no one else – voting. He notes that Deputy Iris Varela threatened public workers with firing if they did not vote. Daniel Duquenal liveblogged with news on the ground all day long.

Pajamas Media coverage of Cuba's buddies in Venezuala trying to pretend their doing an election

No comments: