Monday, August 18, 2008

A Muslim on Barack's hypocrisy

From Talk Straight - Obama's Jihad

"Jihad is an Arabic word that means struggle. Jihad can be a 2-mile-run, a degree, a diet, a mortgage, a job, etc. Here the word “Jihad” is not used to refer to anyone as a terrorist as we all struggle (go through Jihad) every single day.

Being a Muslim, my insight makes this easy to write. I would like to start by saying that I condemn the acts of Hamas, Hezbollah, Al-Qaeda, the Taliban, etc., and their views do not reflect mine and many other Muslim’s alike. I also believe that, through my own reading of history, Israel has the right to exist. I would also like to say that I am happy Saddam Hussein has been overthrown and I believe that Muslim governments like Saudi Arabia and Iran should be overthrown. I believe that a republic form of government is the best way to govern and that the government should not be able to tell you how to live your life, as is the the case in Iran and Saudi Arabia."

No comments: