"Since July 20, Internet security experts have been tracking coordinated cyber attacks on Georgia’s Internet infrastructure. It is still unclear to what extent the Russian military directly carried out these attacks, but two things are known for sure: 1) the traffic patterns and servers used in the attack are “overwhelmingly coming out of Russia” and 2) the attacks coincided with conventional Russian military action. Military experts believe the Georgian conflict is the first time cyber warfare has been used alongside a conventional war." From Morning Call: Cyber Wake-up
I think this is the next frontier for Star Wars (sorry for mixing the metaphors) and that we as a nation need to join together and develop the best cyber security and cyber attack capabilities.
1 comment:
You nailed it on this post, I absolutely agree. I hope more people feel the way you and I do on this issue. With all the cyber attacks on the Pentagon and government computer systems we can only hope that it is already being addressed. As you say, the investment alone would put Russia, and even China at a disadvantage; they can't afford to keep up right now.
Post a Comment