Mugabe and Tsvangirai meet (The First Post)
Robert Mugabe is to meet Morgan Tsvangirai today (Thursday) for direct talks on a power-sharing deal brokered by South Africa’s Thabo Mbeki. Mbeki suggested that Mugabe stay on as titular president of Zimbabwe with immunity from prosecution, while Tsvangirai, who won the country’s last credible election in March at the head of his Movement for Democratic Change (MDC), becomes prime minister. It is thought Mbeki will join the two in Harare either today or in the next few days, to help thrash out crucial disagreements over just how much power Mugabe is allowed to retain.
I've said lots of times here on this site, I don't know the background or the leaders all that well. I read the same stories that you all do. So if you know this to be spin or worse totally wrong, say so.
Friday, August 08, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment